there are lots of summer shenanigans going on in the djalali house this week. if it’s friday, then it’s time for oscar to make an appearance. plus, we’re whipping up a watermelon margarita that’s perfect for a hot summer night. a mexican shrimp cobb salad is on the menu too.
and you didn’t think we’d forget national stripe day? oscar has a spiffy striped bandana, and i slipped into a striped boyfriend shirt from J.Crew. it looks adorable with shorts, blue jeans, or skirts. today, i’m wearing a pair of classic white scalloped shorts from Talbots.
deer patrol can be tiring.
watermelon margaritas are sweet but refreshing.
- 1/2 cup watermelon juice
- 1/4 lime juice
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- Cut the flesh of a seedless watermelon into chunks.
- In a blender put 1 cup of the chunks and liquefy. Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a glass and dip in salt or sugar.
- For each serving fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add; watermelon juice, lime juice, tequila and triple sec.
- Shake vigorously in a martini shaker and pour into prepared glass. Garnish with lime.
- Lime juice
- Make your own lime juice by combining 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar in a small sauce pan and heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and mix in 1 1/3 cups fresh lime juice. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
- 16 oz cooked large shrimp, peeled
- chipotle chili powder to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grilled corn kernels, I used Trader Joe's frozen roasted corn
- 2 tbsp red onion, divided
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 ripe hass avocado, diced
- 1 cup reduced fat Sargento Mexican Blend shredded cheese
TGIF! oscar and i wish each of you a lovely weekend.
if you liked this recipe check then you won’t want to miss these: