guests are coming to dinner. and one is gluten-free. so i’ve searched recipes near and far and came up with eggroll in a bowl. a one dish wonder that’s already a family favorite. cocktails were next on my mind, and i finally decided on the ritz cocktail which was created in homage to the Champagne cocktails served at the Paris Ritz.
time to head to the store before our guests arrive. there are a few ingredients i need to whip up dinner and cocktails. fresh cabbage, ground turkey and maraschino liqueur. i had no idea maraschino liqueur even existed. the things i learn writing the blog.
these adorable watermelon print shorts with a 7″ inseam were scored at Talbots Friends & Family sale. a cute ombre striped tee is perfect for a casual ootd. but i popped on a lightweight cotton jacket to add spit and polish while i run errands. a pink wicker handbag (old, similar here) adds a little summer fun. and old school jack rogers sandals made famous by jackie kennedy complete the look.
be forewarned. looks can be deceiving with this eggroll in a bowl dish. even mr. style was skeptical at first. but guess who asked for seconds? this recipe is a keeper. it’s quick and easy to make with five healthy ingredients, gluten-free and is delicious.
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 5 cups Cabbage
- 1 cup Carrots
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 Green onions
- 1 1/2 cup Sweet onion
- Canned Goods
- 1/4 cup Chicken broth
- Baking & Spices
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Sesame seeds, Toasted (optional)
- Oils & Vinegars
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Sesame oil, toasted
- Nuts & Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coconut aminos
- In a large saute pan over medium heat drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and add ground turkey. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until turkey is almost cooked through.
- Push turkey to the side of the pan and add onion and another tablespoon of oil. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add shredded carrots, garlic, and ginger and saute for 2 minutes. Stir the vegetables and turkey together.
- Pour chicken broth in the pan and scrape the bottom of it to deglaze it. Add cabbage, coconut aminos or soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir well and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until cabbage is to your desired tenderness.
- Just before serving add toasted sesame oil and top with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over regular rice, cauliflower rice, or eat it in a bowl by itself.
oscar is on hand watching the deer. there’s never a moment to relax when they’re near.
- 1/4 ounce brandy
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1/4 maraschino liqueur (Luxardo)
- 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces chilled Champagne
- Orange twist, garnish
- Stir the ingredients, except Champagne, with ice and strain into a martini glass. Top with Champagne and garnish with an orange twist on the rim of the glass.
- Designed as a tribute to the Champagne cocktails once served at the Paris Ritz, it has the telltale signs of a straightforward classic: classy, subtle, and full of sparkle.
the ritz cocktail is refreshing. perfect for a warm summer night. it was designed as a tribute to the Champagne cocktails once served at the Paris Ritz.
cheers to friday, gang! it’s the last one in april. oscar and i wish each of you a lovely weekend.