it’s the last friday in march, gang! which means three whole months have zipped by in a nano-second. at least it seems that way to me. next week we’ll grab our umbrellas. those april showers will soon be upon us. so let’s bid adieu to march with a refreshing cocktail and an easy sheet pan dinner. don’t worry oscar is here for his weekly gig just like always. although he sure wanted to stay outside a bit longer. it doesn’t get dark until 7:30ish these days. hooray!
today’s post is short and sweet as mr. style and i are headed to panama city beach for the weekend. this is my first travel campaign. i’m delighted to tour the beaches of the panhandle of florida. it’s the perfect time of year for a beach vacay as the temps will be a balmy seventy-five. they don’t call florida the sunshine state for anything. blues skies will greet us.
today’s ootd is simple and chic. and i’m taking a cue from my style uniform (blazer, button-down, blue jeans, and ballet flats). but i’m certain you noticed i exchanged the button-down for a graphic tee (old similar here and here) and the ballet flats for pink suede kitten heels. i’m sporting a new pair of boyfriend blue jeans from Banana Republic Factory. boyfriend jeans have a relaxed fit. i’m wearing a size eight but i wish i sized down to a six. a pair of heels glam up blue jeans in no time flat. but the star of the show is a simple tweed blazer (old, similar here and here). and we all know how much i love blazers.
- 1 1/2 ounces Gin
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce honey syrup
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel if desired.
- This is a simple refreshing drink.
- 2 1 pound pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 pound green beans, stems trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oli
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced parsley
- 1 garlic clove minced into paste
- non stick cooking spray
- Lower oven rack to middle lower position and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray heavy duty baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper. Arrange green beans in center of baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.Transfer to baking sheet and arrange on either side of green beans, cut side down.
- Lay tenderloins, not touching, over green beans and brush with hoisin sauce, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thickest part of tenderloins reaches 140 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- While tenderloin is roasting, combine butter, parsley, garlic, 1/4 salt and 1/4 pepper. When tenderloin is done cooking, remove sheet pan and top each tenderloin with one tablespoon of garlic herb butter and let pork tenderloin rest before slicing.
- Top potatoes and green beans with remaining two tablespoons of garlic herb butter and serve.
- An easy sheet pan dinner.
black and white go well together even in the kitchen.
doesn’t oscar look spiffy in his green polka dot scarf? perfect spring look.
a very happy friday, ladies! oscar and i wish each of you a lovely weekend.