striped top and white chinos

striped top and white chinos

striped top and white chinos

it’s time to keep our summer style strong with a striped top and white chinos. add a pair of red mules, and we have a simple yet snazzy outfit. and isn’t that what we want when those outside temps heat up?

striped top and white chinos

today’s ootd starts with a red and white stripe top last seen here with a matching skirt. one aspect i love about purchasing separates is the ability to mix and match each item with other wardrobe staples. notice the contrasting trim around the sleeves. this is a design detail that sets this shirt apart. as well as how the pocket lines up perfectly with the stripes.

white chinos from Talbots have been on repeat all summer long as they are lightweight and easily replace white denim on those hot summer days august loves to dish up. the chinos have been paired with a Lacoste tee, graphic tee and gingham blazer, and a kimono. how’s that for versatility?

striped top and white chinos

chinos | shirt | cardigan | mules | similar belt | similar tote | similar watch | link bracelet

striped top and white chinos

red mules add a perfect pop of color. and will transition nicely from summer to fall.

striped top and white chinos

this striped top and white chinos is the perfect outfit to wear to book club. tonight, i’m hosting my book club buddies. we’ll discuss Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris. many of you might remember this was the book club selection for may for book club with Style an online book club that features a monthly video interview with the author.

i loved Sold on a Monday so much that i just had to share it with my local book club! i’ll be curious to hear their thoughts tonight as we discuss the book over a glass of wine and a few yummy snacks. can’t wait!

striped top and white chinos

many times i’ll throw a cardigan around my shoulders for a little old school charm. plus, if it gets too chilly inside an office building or retail store i have an extra layer readily available. it’s the perfect addition to a striped top and white chinos.

striped top and white chinos

add one or two totes into your handbag collection. totes are perfect to bring along on shopping expeditions as they hold small packages with ease.

striped top and white chinos

striped top and white chinos

happy tuesday, gang! stay cool.

Connie Johnson
    August 13, 2019 at 10:34 am

I absolutely love this outfit!! It’s very stylish and put together. Job well done!

Julie Mycock
    August 13, 2019 at 10:54 am

Hi Beth, what a lovely look, it looks so fresh. I love the striped blouse xoxo

Joy
    August 13, 2019 at 11:02 am

I love this!
    Perfect August outfit

Janelle
    August 13, 2019 at 11:17 am

Looking cool as can be, Beth. Have fun at your book club. I’ll have to check that one out!

Diane McLean
    August 13, 2019 at 11:33 am

Love this segment of your blog. Have you considered giving yourself a break on Sundays by doing the flashbacks altogether on a Sunday and calling it “What I wore this week”? It would give you something to post on a Sunday without having to do a separate segment, hence a break for you and your photographer. Just something to think about. You work so hard. Many thanks for all your efforts.

bonnie
    August 13, 2019 at 11:38 am

You look so classy and adorable!!

Cheryl sharp
    August 13, 2019 at 11:53 am

Great outfit, as usual.

Susan
    August 13, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Beth love the look! I almost wear white pants everyday in the summer!
    Denim, chino,cotton, all different lengths, they are definitely my go too!

Love the stripped shirt!

Nancy Bailey
    August 13, 2019 at 1:08 pm

Beth, I carry a cardigan with me most of the time. Restaurants are so chilly. It’s hard to enjoy your meal when your chilled. By the way I love your outfit. Love stripes!!

Lael Arrington
    August 13, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Cute Bulldog red outfit! I see those Georgia decals on the doors behind you. Just deepen that red a bit and you’d have the perfect South Carolina Gamecock outfit. 🙂 Glad you’re back.

Cyndi
    August 13, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Love this classic look, and. the mules really finish it off! Sold on a Monday was such a good book. We have read some fantastic books in this bookclub – I’m so glad I joined!!!

Betty (SC)
    August 14, 2019 at 8:44 am

Beautiful! What a perfect summer outfit! Love those sunnies! 😎

August 14, 2019 at 4:32 pm

I love the mules! I have several red shoes, but those are great. I’m tempted… I wear similar things through summer–and yes, almost always drape a sweater on my shoulders for inside cold. It looks nice, too, though. You look great here, and the videos help to see the outfit in motion. Nice job!

Jill Maurer
    August 16, 2019 at 2:00 am

Of course I love the bracelet! Nice outfit too!!