Pumpkin Alfredo with Butternut Squash Ravioli is the epitome of fall flavors in one dish! Have it on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 (9-oz.) packages refrigerated butternut squash ravioli (I get this at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Mediterranean Olive Oil
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup each; crumbled goat cheese, dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts, and pecans for topping
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, reduce to medium heat and add sage leaves. Fry 10 to 15 seconds (don’t let them brown), remove carefully with tongs, and set aside to drain paper towels.
- Add butter to the pan and melt over medium heat. Add garlic and saute; it starts to turn yellowish. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, for 3–5 minutes, or until bubbly and fragrant.
- Next, add half and half and 1 cup of chicken broth. Whisk until combined. Add pumpkin, parmesan, minced parsley, minced sage, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. Simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Use the remaining cup of chicken broth to thin sauce as needed.
- While sauce is simmering cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Drain ravioli and gently stir into sauce.
- Plate and top each serving with a drizzle of olive oil, crumbled goat cheese, dried cranberries, and nuts. Enjoy!