fall haul with JCPenney

fall haul with JCPenney

fall fashion continues today with a fall haul from JCPenney. many of you might remember i’ve partnered with JCPenney since february this year on Instagram. and the partnership continues all the way through november. but we’ve added YouTube into the mix. but i didn’t want my blog readers to miss out on a few key items that are on trend this fall from JCP.

spoiler alert. the fall partnership with JCPenney has a twist to it. every month a box is sent to my home filled with six items inside. then it’s up to me to style those goodies with wardrobe staples from my closet. am i up to the challenge? come on. let’s see what i came up with from my fall haul with JCPenney.

fall haul with JCPenney

i know i know many of you are not a big fan of snakeskin. but if there is one pattern you will see everywhere this fall, it’s snakeskin. a safe way to test this print on for size is with an affordable pair of snakeskin booties. today, i paired these snazzy booties with white denim, crewneck sweater, and a black leather moto jacket.

fall haul with JCPenney

denim | sweater | similar jacket | c/o booties | similar handbag

fall haul with JCPenney

after living in the midwest for years as a young girl and young mother, i have a fondness for coats. so i was more than a little thrilled when i found this gorgeous and affordable mid-weight car coat in the box. love the color! teal or turquoise is trending this year. today, i rolled the sleeves and popped the collar for a little oomph.

another trend that’s big, big, big this year is belting your blazer or coat. style tip: don’t button your overcoat. instead, wrap it then pop on a belt. instant chic.

fall haul with JCPenney

fall haul with JCPenney

similar denim | sweater | c/o jacket | similar booties | scarf | hat

fall haul with JCPenney

leapin’ leopard! yes, leopard print is still going strong this fall. and i for one am thrilled. this leopard skirt from JCPenney has a forgiving waistband and on-trend pleats. love the midi-length which is perfect with pumps or boots. this skirt will be on style repeat all fall long as there are so many ways to wear it.

today, i paired the leopard skirt with a black cami and ivory silk blouse (old, similar here). the shirt could have been tied at the waist instead of tucked. but i wanted the belt from Versace to shine, so i opted for tucked. mixing high and low-end pieces is a style trick i’ve used for years. it works!

fall haul with JCPenney

c/o skirt | cami | similar silk blouse | similar shoes | belt | handbag

fall haul with JCPenney

all right, gang. time to get tuesday underway. don’t forget to watch the video!

1. irina wrote:

Everything is so magnificent that there is nothing to add. I admire you and your taste.

Posted 9.4.19 Reply
    • lot’s of goodies at JCPenney this fall. thanks so much for stopping by Irina. xo

2. Mary Grogan wrote:

Nice outfits, but can’t wear heels. Guessing lots of ladies can’t. Especially like the belted coat idea.

Posted 9.4.19 Reply
    • block heel shoes might be a better fit for you. Everlane has a gorgeous pair of snakesking booties with a block heel. that might be more to your liking. xo

3. La Donna wrote:

Love all your videos etc. But a BLACK under white top??! Who knew???

Posted 9.4.19 Reply
  4. Marian McCarthy wrote:

Great! Wonderful video, too! Really like the belted coat and snakeskin boots.

Posted 9.4.19 Reply
    • love the coat! and the leopard skirt will be on style repeat. i think next time i’ll wear a black sweater and black boots. xo

5. Kathleen wrote:

I am torn between new booties in leopard or snakeskin. I even saw some red snakeskin at Nordstrom that I like. I just can’t decide. Leaning a bit toward the black/white snake.

Posted 9.4.19 Reply
  6. Laura Tiegs wrote:

You have the greatest style Beth. I love every outfit. I’m glad you are partnered with JC Penney, as I shop there often ,on line usually. I find them affordable and on trend . Thanks for great ideas and inspiration.

Posted 9.4.19 Reply
    • thanks, laura! JCPenney has some terrific items for fall. and since they’re so affordable it’s a great way to try a trend without breaking the bank. xo

7. Gwen Ewing wrote:

Awesome video! I just love your style, you Rock!

Posted 9.4.19 Reply
    • and JCPenney just dished up some terrific fall items to wear. xo

8. Klandi wrote:

Wow. Love all the looks, Beth! JCP can really have affordable, stylish clothing, especially the Worthingtom and Liz Claiborne lines. The snakeskin boots were on a really good sale, something I love when I’m trying out a diffeeent look. I may also get them in the tan, just because it is such a good sale and I can always use that color. Bought the real coat, also. I, too, am a lover of coats, which is kind of funny since I live in Texas, but my northern roots are showing. It does get cool enough, often enough, out here to justify the purchase.

Posted 9.4.19 Reply
    • JCP does have affordable clothes! and they’re pretty darn cute to boot. let me know what you think about your purchases. xo

9. Steph wrote:

I feel so envious reading about a monthly box of JCP. Anyhow, you’ve given plentiful insight into some of their best pieces. Hope you come up with more interesting takes! All through November.

Posted 9.5.19 Reply
    • can’t wait to see what’s inside the next style box! xo

10. Suzanne Smith wrote:

I like the color of that coat with browns–nice! I’m glad I live where we do get enough of a winter that we can enjoy winter styles. I’d miss that if I lived in a warmer climate. I enjoy the variety of the four seasons.

Posted 9.5.19 Reply
    • we are so lucky, suzanne to have winters without snow! always love to trot out a new coat for the winter season. xo

Posted 9.5.19 Reply
  11. I like that you’re modeling clothes from JC Penney; their clothes are affordable and stylish. I love the belted coat look and you look great in it. Didn’t see either blouse in the video; are they in another video? Happy Fall, Beth. I hope you are doing well since your husband’s passing. Prayers for you and your sons.

Posted 9.5.19 Reply
    • thanks so much, peggy for each and every prayer. xo

12. JMod wrote:

Thanks! I ordered the leopard skirt.

Posted 9.6.19 Reply
  13. Susan wrote:

Beth, that black and white look just rocks! Where did you get the black motorcycle jacket?

Posted 9.6.19 Reply