white denim skirt & gingham shirt

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

today’s ootd is classic style through and through with a summer twist. everyone has a white denim skirt (old, similar here and here) and gingham shirt hanging in their closet. or maybe something similar. isn’t it fun to shop your closet?! gingham is a popular summer print that comes in a variety of colors. but i always love to have a classic black or blue gingham on hand. J.Crew almost always has a gingham button-up on hand. it’s a classic after all. and Talbots typically carries gingham shirts too. this classic girl just loves to shop these classic brands. especially for my wardrobe staples.

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

last week i tagged along with one of my kiddos to buford, ga where i did a bit of damage at Macy’s! yesterday, i trotted out the Vince Camuto separates i purchased – top and skirt. read that post here if you missed it. tomorrow i’ll share how i wore the top a bit more casually. but today i’m sharing the white denim skirt (old, similar here and here) and gingham shirt i wore on my shopping spree. it’s nothing fancy. but if you want to head out the door with a little spit and polish, this outfit works in spades.

the malls are always so dang cold this time of year, so i layered my gingham shirt over a grey linen tee from Everlane. i left it unbuttoned to showcase the tee.

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

similar skirt | shirt | shoes | similar belt | similar handbag | similar bangle

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

these DVF slingbacks have seen lot’s of action this summer. and they add a pop of fun to my outfit. these shoes also come in black, pink sand, and silver.

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

black accessories compliment the black and white color scheme. although white accessories would look fabulous too! notice the shape of the hobo handbag (old similar here and here). it adds casual elegance to today’s white denim skirt and gingham shirt.

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

similar bangle bracelet | watch | wrap leather bracelet | similar handbag

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

i gravitate towards pink lips any time of year but especially come summer. frenemy by Urban Decay is one of my go-to’s.

white denim skirt & gingham shirt

all right, gang, we’re halfway through the week. it’s time to put a smile on someone’s face, including your own.

Pat
    August 7, 2019 at 10:50 am

I love your belt. Is this the black belt you wore with the pink gingham Talbots shorts and black sleeveless top. That was an amazing combo. Love your style sense. I love the patterned shoes you have been wearing.

Peggy McCloskey
    August 7, 2019 at 10:50 am

Beth, while it’s a little sad to know that Mr. Style is not the one photographing the OOTD, it is nice to know that it is one of your kiddos doing it. I think the pink lips and nails are the right “light” touch for this layered summer outfit.

Lisa
    August 7, 2019 at 10:58 am

I just discovered you and your blog. I am now a HUGE fan and absolutely love your style!!

Julia Morton
    August 7, 2019 at 11:20 am

Beth, I want to invest in a few Everlane pieces for the Fall. What are your favorites?

Jan Truszkowski
    August 7, 2019 at 11:31 am

So sorry for your recent loss. I always enjoyed seeing photos of Mr. Style. I love your OOTD’s. Had you ever started your own business before you launched your blog?

Lorraine
      August 7, 2019 at 5:17 pm

You look amazing. Love the ootd and shoes are adorable

Susan
    August 7, 2019 at 11:48 am

Beth love this look! I would wear a colored shoe, yellow or pink!
    A perfect summer outfit!

August 7, 2019 at 12:13 pm

Looks fresh and modern. I like that you layered the tee under the gingham shirt–I like to keep my shirts unbuttoned to create that long V from the neck down–it’s slimming, too. I have the pieces of almost this exact outfit and will keep it in mind as well. (I don’t have those shoes, but have a number of very similar.) Glad to see you out and about, Beth–hope you are doing well.

Shannon Johnson
    August 7, 2019 at 12:27 pm

The tip I picked up from this post was choosing the grey tee; brings subtle elevation over a white one. Thanks Beth!

Jennifer
    August 7, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Beth, I am soooo loving fashion flash! Seeing the ootd at all angles allows us to see the fit, drape, movement, etc. much better than standard photos! You and your boys continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Joyce
    August 7, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Beth, I look forward to my email from you and the Otd! It’s like staying in touch with a good friend. Thank you !!! I know it can be A LOT of WORK!!! You are appreciated💕

Sharon
    August 7, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Love the looks you put together so effortlessly. Thank you.

Betty (SC)
    August 7, 2019 at 2:56 pm

Love the outfit! Hugs!

Linda Miller
    August 7, 2019 at 5:23 pm

Great ideas! Love the chain on the purse echoing the holes in the belt.

Mudra
    August 7, 2019 at 6:51 pm

Oh, I just saw your cute shoes, but I have a Tailor’s bunion and can’t wear any shoes but ABEO or Dansko. I am so impressed with all the outfits you put together, and especially the footwear I will not wear again, but I adapt! I love being able to walk miles in my cute/comfortable shoes!

Georgia Peach
    August 7, 2019 at 10:40 pm

This is cute,Beth.
    You look so young and pretty.
    No way would anyone believe you’re 60+
    I’m trying this.
    I have separated almost identical.

Rebecca
    August 8, 2019 at 12:24 am

You have put together such a terrific classic casual outfit. I have long admired your flair with accessories. I love those cute shoes and of course that stunning bag!

Sandy
    August 8, 2019 at 7:16 am

I am enjoying the addition of the video at the end of your blog. Was that your son’s idea?

Lyn
    August 8, 2019 at 8:29 am

I have always loved checks – so fresh and crisp. I have a black/white from Talbots that I have only worn under a black cashmere sweater and another crewneck Talbots sweater that is black/white/red. I didn’t wear it on its own – now I will. I love the shoes – I tried to order them a few weeks ago, and they were sold out in my size. Lovely look. So many women out there are wearing shorts and other clothing that really do not flatter them – it’s nice to see a casual but more appropriate option. Sending you continued best wishes. Thinking of you.

Janice Tatum
    August 8, 2019 at 8:34 am

Even though I quit tucking in my top 30# ago, your blog has given me a boost to thinking through a complete outfit for the day. Thanks