vince camuto separates

vince camuto separates

vince camuto separates

today, i’m stepping out in style with Vince Camuto separates. today’s ootd may look like a dress but in fact, it’s a top and skirt that match. last week i tagged along with one of my kiddos to buford, ga and had a chance to slip into Macy’s. i always love to visit this retailer as they always have a good sale, all the latest makeup, and they carry one of my favorite brands good old Ralph Lauren. so i did a bit of damage to my Macy’s card and walked out with a few goodies. including these Vince Camuto separates.

seeing as i’m going out to dinner with my new photographer this snazzy number is perfect in case we decide to dine al fresco. the dog days of summer have recently settled in, and it’s all about beating the heat in style. i particularly like how light and airy this outfit feels. and the sheer ruffle on the paisley skirt gives this ootd some personality. stay tuned for tomorrow’s post where the easy flowing blouse makes another appearance. this time dressed down. these Vince Camuto separates are so dang versatile!

vince camuto separates

skirt | top | sandals | similar handbag | bracelet | earrings | sunglasses | lip shade frenemy

gold accessories reinforce the color scheme of the Vince Camuto separates. and add subtle sophistication.

vince camuto separates

this Catalina bracelet by Julie Vos comes in several gemstone colors. i’m wearing the iridescent clear crystal. there’s also a pair of matching Catalina earrings.

vince camuto separates

today also marks a first for me. one of many firsts that i will navigate over the course of the year. on august 6th mr. style and i would have celebrated our thirty-sixth wedding anniversary. many of you might remember our thirty-fifth anniversary as i shared that post with you last year. it definitely resonated with you and i’d love to share it again what i learned after thirty-five years of marriage. reading this post certainly brings a smile to my face. mr. style looks quite the dapper gentleman with his tux and blue jeans. and i adored wearing the pink dress from Ted Baker. what a wonderful memory! one of many made through the years.

many of you have written the past few weeks sharing sage advice as to navigating my new normal. let me tell you it’s never easy to cope with a trial. it’s one day at a time for me and one step at a time because i have to walk through it, not escape it. but many of you are walking in my shoes so i thought i’d pass along a few suggestions.

Nora McInerny’s podcast—> Terrible, Thanks for Asking, and her books, especially the Hot Young Widows Club
      She lost a baby in utero, then her dad, then her husband within weeks. It’s gut-wrenchingly honest, and funny too.

Megan Devine’s book—> It’s OK That You’re Not Ok.
       Her husband died/-and she navigates a new life.

Reddit—> the group r/widowers
     You can create an anonymous account, but the support and love in this group are remarkable. One doesn’t feel so alone. Also, a good place to vent.

Grief Group—> find a group, at church, at a hospice organization and go. It’s a place where we can talk about the worst thing that ever happened to us—in a very supportive place.

vince camuto separates

vince camuto separates

gold metallic shoes serve as a neutral. silver does too.

vince camuto separates

Vince Camuto separates

vince camuto separates

are we ready for tuesday? it’s here! let’s go make it a good day. yes, there can be joy even through the tears.

Maggie Fieger
    August 6, 2019 at 10:22 am

Thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I’m sure it is a really hard thing to navigate. Day by day…

Karen
    August 6, 2019 at 10:25 am

OOOOO great look Beth!!! Yes this does look like a dress but i also picture dressing the skirt down with flat sandals and a coordinating knit T. The top would also look great with a suit. Macy’s is a favorite of mine as well you can always find a bargain there!! Glad yo’re mending!

Shelley R Zurek
    August 6, 2019 at 10:26 am

This outfit is one of your most beautiful. So light and airy and elegant.

Also, your recommendations are amazing for support reading and groups. A separate blog post for this might be useful when you are able. MANY HUGS to you. XO Shelley

Cheryl
    August 6, 2019 at 10:31 am

You have the spirit to go day by day. It is never easy but there is support everywhere you look. Always there is prayer and thoughts from family and friends and All who read your Blog.

Janis
    August 6, 2019 at 10:34 am

I would have guessed it was a dress but just stunning. Love this look on you. If I were slightly taller, I would love it as well.

Debbie
    August 6, 2019 at 10:35 am

Good Morning Beth:

My prayers are with you and your family. In Matthew 6: 34(a), it says, “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.” This passage reminds me that God only gives us grace for today.

May God continue to comfort you and strengthen you as you walk through this season.

Joanie
    August 6, 2019 at 10:38 am

Hi Beth
    Beautiful outfit today! One of my favorite posts is your 35th anniversary post from last year. You are such an inspiration. I am thankful that you are continuing to post, and I send you and your family peace, comfort, and love.

Janet Loop
    August 6, 2019 at 10:44 am

Love the outfit. You look fabulous. Cannot wait to see how you style the blouse tomorrow.

Cathy B
    August 6, 2019 at 10:46 am

Oh I just love this outfit and your accessories. It is the perfect outfit for these hot, humid days of summer!

Robin
      August 7, 2019 at 7:57 am

Beth, I follow your page and love your style. My husband is stage iv colon cancer and I know I’ll be where you are one of these days. And yes, one moment at a time. It’s all we can do. ❤️

Janet L Witthuhn
    August 6, 2019 at 11:08 am

I follow several over-50 fashion blogs and yours has always been my favorite. Your style represents the very best of what we can be. And now you are one of my personal heroins as well. What a strong and determined woman you are! Thank you for sharing the good times and bad.

Julia A Ford
    August 6, 2019 at 11:09 am

This is one of my favorite looks and you carry it off beautifully xoxox

August 6, 2019 at 11:11 am

Your photographer did a great job of showing this lovely fabric close up. You look ethereal and lovely in it. I love that you can use each piece separately, too. Good for you, giving yourself opportunities to work through the grieving process.

A few years ago, I read Joan Didion’s book, The Year of Magical Thinking, which covers Didion’s honest and compelling narrative of grief after her husband’s and daughter’s deaths. It was very moving, and touched me.

Shannon Johnson
    August 6, 2019 at 11:29 am

Good morning beautiful Beth. The ootd looked great in the video and even more lovely up close…gorgeous pattern.
    Widowhood is a sucky sorority none of it’s members wanted to join. The most significant things I learned are that the path of facing grief is not a straight one but a path of forward, back and detours; time passed is not a measure of progress. The second thing is that there is room for new life if we accept the gift. And lastly, you know best what is right for you no matter how loving the intentions of friends and family.
    You inspire your followers is so many ways ❤️

Holly
    August 6, 2019 at 11:50 am

Love the shoes Beth!! You look so nice and love your shorter hair cut!

Blessings

Brenda
    August 6, 2019 at 11:56 am

you look amazing. Thank you for sharing your “new” life feelings. Take care of you. hugs.

Jessica Fox
    August 6, 2019 at 12:01 pm

You are so beautiful, and you inspire so many. Wishing God’s grace and Blessings to you.💕

Kathleen
    August 6, 2019 at 12:20 pm

This ensemble looks fabulous on you!

Maura
    August 6, 2019 at 12:22 pm

My dad passed away during my parents 50th year of marriage. Dad had been making plans for a big celebration, including a blessing at my parents’ church. With dad gone, the priest asked mom what she wanted to do. I told her to keep the mass as a celebration of their years together, including their four children and four grandchildren. I told mom that a marriage like their’s needed to be celebrated. The priest’s sermon focused on my parent’s commitment to each other, our family and how my parents worked through hard times (extended unemployment) and came out stronger and more committed. Later my immediate family had a private dinner. We toasted my dad and the love that my parents had that lasted 50 years.

Julie Mycock
    August 6, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Hi Beth, what a beautiful dress, you look really lovely, so elegant. Your photographer is doing a great job, Mr Style would be so proud. He is with you today as he always will be xoxo

Diane
    August 6, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I’m glad that you had those wonderful 35 years together. <3

Sharon Salerno
    August 6, 2019 at 12:57 pm

You are an inspiration! I lost my husband of 55 years 5 years ago. He had dementia and I was his caregiver for 6 years. Losing part of him a little bit at a time was hard but when he was gone I didn’t know what to do with myself. I have found everyone grieve differently and there is not a right or wrong way to do it. Getting out among friends and family and meeting new people helped me so much. It is very easy to become a stay at home widow. I am so happy you jumped right back into your business. It is the healthy way to do it. Bless you and your family.

Pam
    August 6, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Beth, you look so beautiful and elegant. Think you you every day and sending thoughts of comfort and peace to you and your family.

Pat Osman
    August 6, 2019 at 1:17 pm

Another beautiful outfit, Beth.

I’m praying for you as you begin this new chapter in your life. In my 4 1/2 years as a widow, I’ve learned that having a purpose is important; it’s okay to not be okay; and I haven’t moved on: most of the time I move forward. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time to be okay, no matter how long that takes.

Pat
    August 6, 2019 at 1:19 pm

Beth, looking back at the post of your 35th anniversary, Mr. Style looked so healthy and vibrate. You had almost 36 years of a good relationship, that many never enjoyed. Unfortunately, many don’t have the privilege of growing old, so through your grieving I know you will make the best of each day God gives you. You are to be admired. Take good care.

Rose
    August 6, 2019 at 1:59 pm

I second the Joan Didion book as a moving memoir of dealing with grief. Thinking of you as you put one foot in front of the other.

Nancy Nixon
    August 6, 2019 at 4:22 pm

Beth, dress looks lovely on you unfortunately since I’m a 5’1″ petite I would be overwhelmed by the volume of material and the size of the print – but I did enjoy seeing it on you. Personally I don’t like the move back to the clunky block heels – I’ve seen this cycle before in shoe heights & shapes – medium 3 – 3 1/2″ shaped heels going 4″-6″ stilettos and then a return to shorter block heels and clunky flats. I just don’t think these are flattering to the leg. I’ve kept the high heel but gone down to 3″ to 3 1/2″ heel for comfort. 4 1/2″ – 5″+ are just too uncomfortable.

Jemma
    August 6, 2019 at 4:42 pm

Hi Beth, I agree with Pam, you look so beautiful and elegant. Your son is doing a fabulous job. I too am sending thoughts of comfort and love to your family.

Cindy
    August 6, 2019 at 4:50 pm

I’m still honoring you and Mr. Style today!!
    Your outfit looks wonderful on you. You have many supporters as you well know.
    You and your family (and furry ones )have been a favorite of mine since the beginning of this web page. Plus I can’t wait to open every day to see the clothes and your style.
    Still saying prayers!!

Nancy
    August 6, 2019 at 4:58 pm

Thoughts and prayers for you today. Love the Vince Camuto outfit. You have a great eye for what looks just right

Gwen Ewing
    August 6, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Love this “dress”! Vince is my favorite designer. I absolutely have to get the suede boots! Also how tall are you? Wondering about the skirt on my 5’4 frame! Thanks, you’re a doll!

Betsy Cornell
    August 6, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Looking back a year makes me ache for you. You seem to keep it in the “cognitive” not the emotional in these posts. But DANG — what you went through this year. It completely sucks — cancer that is. And you are hanging in there. You are the visual for each of us dealing with disease/illness. Bless you Beth. Keep healing, keep smiling, keep crying, keep growing. We love the outfits, but mostly – we love YOU!

Carol D
    August 6, 2019 at 9:51 pm

You look beautiful on your day, and I’m sure Mr. Style is smiling. He was so handsome and I loved the post and pictures of the two of you last year. What a treat for your fans to see the two of you! Take care!

Pauline
    August 7, 2019 at 8:06 am

Beth,
    I hope that you feel the love, support and positive vibes from all of us.
    Thank you for all that you do, for all of US.

Deanna Rabe
    August 7, 2019 at 9:24 am

Beth, I went back and read last years post. Such beautiful truth, and you celebrated your marriage. What a gift to your sons, and to us all.

There will be many firsts now, without Mr. Style, but he’s always with you in your heart and all your wonderful memories. I’m still praying for you.

Amy P
    August 8, 2019 at 3:07 pm

Beth, you look lovely in this outfit! Wishing you sunnier days ahead.