animal print | the classic style series

animal print | the classic style series

animal print | the classic style series

if it’s thursday, then it’s time for my classic style series on Instagram. every week i put classic style to the test to show just how easy, effortless, and timeless the classics truly are. some pieces never go out of fashion: trench coats, pencil skirts, or anything with animal print. whether you dress them up or down, these timeless pieces are forever stylish.

today, i chose an on-trend pleated midi skirt with a timeless animal print from J.Crew. the skirt goes from simple to standout in eye-catching snake print. a sweater is a wardrobe staple that works for the office or the weekend. this cotton-blend pullover is lightweight yet looks terrific paired with a skirt or blue jeans. this sweater feels sophisticated and work-ready. pair it with a skirt with a subtle pop of color and edgier print. this is how a tried-and-true silhouette stays fresh and modern. minimal jewelry adds instant polish and keeps this ootd feeling understated.

animal print | the classic style series

black sandals replace black pumps for a summery look. black pumps and black sandals belong in every closet. they go with everything.

animal print | the classic style series

the pleats lie flat at the waist. the length hits below the knee. but the snake print is what gives this skirt pizazz.

animal print | the classic style series

skirt | sweater | sandals | handbag | sunglasses

animal print | the classic style series

don’t be afraid to take a walk on the wild side. neutral accessories keep this outfit effortless yet of-the-moment. this classic handbag from Hanner Clarke Handbags has a timeless braided strap and is made from buttery soft italian leather. there are no exterior logos which provide a clean, classic look. the evelyn comes in seven colors. of course, i chose my signature color pink. this shade is soft and subtle and is my go-to summer bag. a classic handbag is your secret weapon that makes jeans and a tee more polished.

animal print | the classic style series

skirt | sweater | sandals | handbag | sunglasses

animal print | the classic style series

animal print | the classic style series

happy thursday, gang! it’s the last thursday of june. i’m still in shock july is about to roll into town. can you belive we’ll be celebrating the fourth of july in a week?! and there’s the granddaddy sale of all time that’s just around the corner. what will we find at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year? can’t wait!

have you missed a recent post?

key accessories with Nordstrom

how to wear timeless classics

how to wear a denim jacket

Sharon Barresi Duncan
    June 27, 2019 at 12:30 pm

Generally not an animal print fan but this snake print is catching my eye.

Beth Djalali
      June 27, 2019 at 8:41 pm

this skirt definitely caught my eye. just love the muted color scheme.

Julie Mycock
    June 27, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Hi Beth, lovely outfit, I love animal prints myself and I love the colour of your skirt. The top you are wearing with it compliment it really well xoxo

Beth Djalali
      June 27, 2019 at 8:40 pm

hi julie! i thought the color scheme of this skirt was what set it apart. and it will be a perfect transitional item that will head into fall with ease.

June 27, 2019 at 3:03 pm

That skirt and top look like they would span seasons, too–always a plus in my book. I hear you on time flying–I’m amazed that July is right around the corner. It doesn’t seem possible! So far, we have been so fortunate to have hot weather but drier than normal–not so much humidity, which has made it downright delightful. I imagine that will come to an abrupt end soon, but I’m relishing it for now. Love that bag, too!

Beth Djalali
      June 27, 2019 at 8:39 pm

these are great transition pieces, sue! we’re enjoying the same sort of summer. but i know our luck is about to run out. humidity is good for our skin. right?!

Sue W
    June 27, 2019 at 3:52 pm

I have a similar skirt from Banana Republic only it’s longer. So far I’ve only been able to wear it once, summer is delayed here. It’s so easy to wear. Looks great on you.

Beth Djalali
      June 27, 2019 at 8:38 pm

banana can come up with some great animal prints. one of my favorite trench coats is snake print from banana. love it! hope it warms up soon.

Suzi
    June 27, 2019 at 4:48 pm

Love me some Brahmin, Coach, Dooney & Bourke bags, and a few others, but these are beyond pricey at $650 for the average working girl. Glad I worked till 72 to be able to afford what I wanted, not every one can.

Beth Djalali
      June 27, 2019 at 8:37 pm

then i won’t tell you how much a gucci handbag costs. but handbags are investments that last a lifetime and many times can be handed down to our daughters. for some reason, our generation doesn’t look at handbags from that perspective. go figure.

karen
    June 28, 2019 at 6:30 am

love how you’ve styled this skirt…i clicked into the jcrew site and i would have never have thought about this skirt based on how they show it, you’re styling is soooo much better

Beth Djalali
      June 29, 2019 at 11:18 am

nothing makes me happier than to hear you found some inspiration!