today’s post is short and sweet as i’m headed home after my stint at HSN. it was exhausting but soooo much fun to be part of the Lemon Way launch. the flawless twill pant was the Today’s Special which meant it aired ten times over the course of twenty-four hours. a separate post will be coming in the next week or so where i’ll share this a-ma-zing pant. i have to be honest. when each of us saw this pant hanging on the hangar we were skeptical. but after we put it on and saw how great it looked and how comfortable it was, we were sold. my favorite print was the palm print and the lemon!
but today it’s all about oscar, a salmon bake, champagne cocktail and a fringed sweater i warned you would make a repeat appearance on the blog. the weather in georgia has been cold and dreary, and this sweater brightened my day.
oscar begging for treats located behind door number one.
love this time of year when tulips are bountiful.
an easy recipe where the salmon bakes for twenty minutes. add asparagus or a veggie of your choice.
- 4 (6 ounces each) salmon fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, halved, divided
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange broccoli florets and salmon fillets on prepared sheet pan.
- Rub minced garlic over each fillet. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
- Pour the butter mixture over the salmon and veggies.
- Take half of a lemon and squeeze lemon juice over everything; then, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and internal temperature is 145F degrees.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with lemon slices.
a refreshing champagne cocktail.
- 1 1/2 ounce St. Germain
- 2 ounces Champagne
- Club Soda, to top off
- Lemon twist, garnish
- Pour St. Germain and Champagne into a wine glass or highball glass with ice and stir. Tope with soda and garnish with a lemon twist.
happy friday, ladies! oscar and i wish each of you a lovely weekend.