oscar is over the rain and so am i! oscar is suffering a bit more than me as he’s been cooped up in the house for days. his daily walks have been curtailed to a once around the block and he’s missing his yard to romp and run to his heart’s content. hopefully, the sun will decide to make a grand entrance and we can sing the hallelujah chorus. over and over.
but, hey, it’s friday! time to indulge in a cocktail and whip up a new recipe. and oscar will get a bully stick to celebrate. as you can see from the photos the christmas decorations are but a memory. the house is back in order and it’s time to focus on the new year. january is a great month to clean, organize, and streamline our lives. i’ve already sorted through my closet and mr. style worked on our storage area in the basement.
today’s ootd is casual through and through. skinny jeans, an asymmetrical tunic (similar here and here), and cap-toe ballet flats. what’s easier than that? i added a rosary station necklace from Tory Burch and gold hoops (similar here) then called it a day.
the cocktail this week is mexican firing squad. and i have to admit this is one of my favorites! maybe it’s the addition of the grenadine to slightly sweeten it or maybe it’s the bitters to counteract the sweetness. whatever it is the combination is just right!
- 2 ounces Tequila
- 3/4 ounce Lime Juice
- 3/4 ounce Grenadine
- 5 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Soda Water (optional)
- Garnish - Lime Wheel
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain into a rocks glass over ice. Garnish with a lime wheel.
what’s for dinner? since i am on a ten-day detox with my FWTFL VIP group, i am eating lean and mean the next week. mr. style has the benefit of joining along. and he loves tacos. who doesn’t? this turkey taco recipe is from skinnytaste an amazing food blogger that has several cookbooks to her credit. her recipes are some of my favorites as she offers whole seasonal foods that are delicious! since i’m a cookbook junkie, i own skinnytaste one and done and skinnytaste fast and slow.
- 1.0 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce
- (optional) 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar
- Brown turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce.
- Divide the meat equally between the 8 leaves and place in the center of each leaf. Top with your favorite taco fixings!
turkey tacos is an easy meal to prepare, healthy and low carb. i skipped the cheese and sour cream but didn’t even miss them!
it’s friday, gang! another week has come and gone. oscar and i wish each of you a lovely weekend.