Hi, love your style – you look fab. Do you have any ideas on good outfits to hide my tummy. I can’t tuck tops or wear short tops as I am very self conscious about it. I am uk size 12/14 – very small on top but am restricted on what I can wear due to tummy sticking out. Result of 2 c sections and not exercising to put it right I guess. (I am 5ft 4). Many thanks.
there are a few tricks that you can pull out of your hat to conceal your tummy. here goes:
1) layers can work magic. invest in a structured blazer, jacket or long cardigan that you can pop over the top of your outfit. all of these choices will give you a long lean vertical line, and coverage.
2) stay away from belts. instead invest in a statement or chunky necklace that will draw the eye upward away from your tummy.
3) dark colors always help conceal rather than reveal.
4) avoid low-rise jeans. instead look for a pair that sits just beneath your waist and pick a dark rinse over a light.
5) leggings are big right now with a soft flowy tunic over the top. this is a perfect outfit for concealing a tummy!
6) a great a-line skirt and a v-neck sweater, tee, etc… also draw the eye upward and downward away from your middle.
7) dresses with an empire waistline.
8) make certain that you have a great fitting bra.
hope these suggestions help!
is the Founder and CEO of Style at a Certain Age. She writes Sundays-Fridays on all topics ranging from fashion, health, wellness, home design and more.
She’s 63, 5’8, and size 8.
Thank for your ideas. I’m not Anon, but your ideas are good enough for me also.
make a comment