A healthy salad perfect for a hot summer day.
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅔ cup avocado oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- ½ lb bacon, cooked
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Dressing: Whisk together dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the avocado oil until dressing is fully emulsified. Set aside.
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Set oven to broil then insert chicken. Broil for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through then cut into slices.
- Cut the hard-boiled eggs into quarters or slice with an egg slicer. Cut the bacon into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) pieces.
- Arrange the lettuce in a large bowl. On top of the lettuce, place small piles of the chicken, eggs, bacon, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, and avocado.