- 4 quarts freshly popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup (5 1/3 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice, from about 1-2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil, silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put the popped popcorn in a large, clean paper bag. In a small bowl whisk together the butter and lime juice. In another small bowl combine the lime zest, black pepper, salt, red pepper, and cumin.
- Drizzle half of the butter mixture over the popcorn, fold over or close the top of the bag, and shake until the popcorn is coated and moist. Taste. Add more of the butter mixture if you like, and give a second shake. Sprinkle most of the pepper mixture over the popcorn, fold over or close the top of the bag, and shake a few times to coat. Taste, and if you’d like more pepper flavor add the rest of it. Toss to combine.
- Zest lime over the top.
- Spread the popcorn evenly over the baking sheet and bake until the popcorn is dry, 5-7 minutes. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.