happy sunday, gang! today it’s all about how to lose belly fat over 50. or in my case 60. health and wellness is one of my favorite topics to discuss. because if we want to age with strength and grace we have to arm ourselves with proper knowledge. while i’m not a fitness expert, nutrition expert or an M.D. i want to be the healthiest 61-year old i can be. and i do receive lots of questions about how i stay fit and how to lose belly fat over 50. that’s where FASTer Way to Fat Loss steps in. this amazing program changed my life over a year and a half ago when i embarked on my fitness journey. FASTer Way to Fat Loss opened my eyes as to how to properly fuel my body. if your diet is working against you and you’re not working out that’s a recipe for belly fat accumulating especially since our metabolism starts to slow down after menopause.
for the past fifty years, we’ve been told to cut calories and exercise more. right?! wrong. while exercise is key to staying active our diet is the most important factor to aging well. if you want to lose belly fat over 50 there are a few things to consider. first, balance your macros. many of you might be wondering what macros are. they’re better known as carbohydrates, protein, and fat. we need all three in our diet. carbohydrates provide fuel, the energy for your body and brain. it’s found in all plant foods, like grains, fruits, vegetables, and legumes, and also milk and yogurt. but i typically stay away from grains and get my carbs by eating fruit, veggies, and legumes. protein helps to build and repair your muscles, organs, skin, blood, and different chemicals, like hormones, in your body. it’s found in meat, poultry, fish, legumes, dairy, tofu, and eggs, and in smaller amounts in nuts, seeds, and whole grains. fat insulates and protects your bones and organs, acts as a backup fuel for energy, and helps in brain development. healthy, unsaturated fats are found in olive oil, avocados, nuts, seeds, and fatty fish, like salmon, sardines, and mackerel. unhealthy saturated fats are found in high-fat beef, pork, butter, full-fat dairy, and processed foods, like cookies and donuts. these days i definitely stay away from processed foods as they are high in sugar. consuming too much sugar increases weight gain and leads to belly fat.
another key ingredient to lose belly fat over 50 is intermittent fasting. FASTer Way to Fat Loss first introduced me to this concept. what is intermittent fasting? it’s really quite simple and helps our bodies get into fat-burning mode. a simple form of intermittent fasting limits the hours of the day when you eat. typically my first meal is consumed around noon and the last meal before eight which means i have an eight-hour window to eat my meals. by limiting nighttime eating my overnight fast is extended which significantly benefits my metabolism. i used to add a snack or two in between meals. but i’ve eliminated snacking altogether which lets my body burn fat between meals.
here are some benefits of intermittent fasting:
- Reducing levels of insulin, which makes it easier for the body to use stored fat.
- Lowering blood sugars, blood pressure, and inflammation levels.
- Changing the expression of certain genes, which helps the body protect itself from disease as well as promoting longevity.
- Dramatically increases human growth hormone, or HGH, which helps the body utilize body fat and grow muscle.
- The body activates a healing process doctors call autophagy, which essentially means that the body digests or recycles old or damaged cell components.
if you are interested in how to lose belly fat over 50 and improving your eating habits the next round of FASTer Way to Fat Loss begins tomorrow September 9th.
What will you get when you join the FASTer Way to Fat Loss?
- Eight weeks of all program materials for $199, to accelerate your success in the FASTer Way.
- A low monthly membership fee of $99, after the first eight weeks.
- LIVE training to set you up for success.
- Weekly workout plans that include low impact, home, and gym workouts.
- Community group with certified FASTer Way community specialists for daily accountability, training, and support.
- Four-week meal plan and recipe guide to assist you in the FASTer Way.
- Nutrition recommendations with a focus on whole food nutrition, balanced macros, intermittent fasting, carb cycling, and effective workouts to transform your life.
- Options to pause or cancel your membership at any time.
what benefits have i seen over the course of a year and a half? besides how to lose belly fat over 50? i sleep better at night, have increased energy levels, and food has become my friend, not the enemy. i’ve lost inches, gained muscle and feel confident that i can age with strength and grace.