8 oz. Mushrooms, lightly chopped
1/4 cup Water
2-3 Shallots, thinly sliced
1/4 to 1/2 cup Parsley, finely chopped, divided
4 oz. Goat Cheese, at room temperature
1 Baguette, sliced thinly, on the bias
- Preheat broiler with a rack placed in the middle position.
- In a large pan, over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms with 1/4 cup water. Stir occasionally and cook until water is completely evaporated.
- Drizzle olive oil over mushrooms in the pan and add the shallot slices to the pan.
- Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Continue sautéing, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms begin to develop a little browning and the shallots are softened and lightly translucent.
- Stir all but about 2 teaspoons of the chopped parsley into the cooked mushrooms and remove from heat.
- Arrange baguette slices on a large sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil over the bread slices and place on the center rack in the oven. Lightly toast the bread slices under the broiler, then flip the slices to lightly toast the other side.
- When the bread slices are lightly toasted pull them from the oven.
- Use a knife to spread goat cheese on each slice of toasted bread.
- Top each slice of bread with about 1.5 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture, adding more or less to each slice, using up all of the mushroom mixture.
- Place the cheese and mushroom-topped crostini on a serving plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped parsley over the tops as garnish.