Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce cranberry syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces ginger beer
- lime wedge, mint, and cranberries for garnish
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine the cranberries, water, and honey in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the cranberries soften then fall apart.
- Pour the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer, and press on the cranberries with a spatula to release as much syrup as possible. Set aside to cool. If the syrup thickens too much as it cools, add water, a tablespoon at a time until the consistency resembles honey.
- To make one cocktail, combine the vodka, cranberry syrup, and lime juice in a copper mug. Stir to combine. Fill the mug halfway with crushed ice. Pour the ginger beer over the ice and stir once more. Top with additional crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of mint, lime wedge, and fresh cranberries. Serve immediately.
The cranberry syrup makes enough for four cocktails (about half a cup of syrup).