- 2 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 lime wedge
- Zest of 1 ruby red grapefruit
- ¼ cup salt
- Grapefruit wedge or lime wheel for garnish
- In a shallow plate combine the salt and ruby red grapefruit zest. Using the lime wedge, rub it around the rim of a rock’s glass. Immediately dip the moistened rim into the salt mixture. Set aside.
- In a stainless steel cocktail shaker filled with ice combine the vodka and ruby red grapefruit juice. Shake until the shaker becomes cold and frosty.
- Fill the prepared rocks glass with ice and pour the vodka mixture into the glass. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge or lime wheel. Serve immediately.