a leopard dress transitions from summer to fall

leopard dress

a leopard dress transitions from summer to fall with ease. and that’s just what today’s post is all about. this past month i partnered with JCPenney on Instagram to show just how easy it is for a leopard dress to span the seasons. and who doesn’t love a little animal print in their lives? or maybe a lot as leopard print remains a perennial favorite.

this leopard dress from Evan Picone has 3/4 sleeves and a wrap front, making it a perfect choice for work. or maybe lunch with the girls. for summer i styled this dress with a pair of faux suede sandals with a block heel. eleven colors are available, including leopard.  black sandals would have been a safe bet, but i choose plum sandals to bring subtle contrast to the leopard dress.

leopard dress

dress | sandals | earrings

velvet sandals

leopard dress

this leopard dress is jersey which means it’s machine washable. and a v neckline is flattering to every body shape known to mankind.

diamond earrings

add a little sparkle to brighten your day. and outfit.

leopard dress & black blazer

now that fall is knocking on our door it’s time to add a black blazer to this leopard dress. see how easy it is to add a classic wardrobe staple to an outfit? the blazer adds spit and polish to this ootd.

leopard dress & black blazer

dress | blazer | shoes | earrings

leopard dress & black blazer

this black blazer from JCPenney has 3/4 ruched sleeves that are on trend this season. it also has a flat front, which makes it easy to slip on over a dress or jeans.

black peep toe pumps

does anyone remember peep-toe pumps? these iconic shoes have transitioned in and out of style since the 1940s. this pair has a 1/2″ platform shoe height with an overall 3 1/4″ heel height. the addition of the platform makes the shoe comfy to wear, but i recommend you size up a half size.

leopard dress & black blazer

it’s thursday, ladies, which means another week is quickly coming to an end. stay cool, stay hydrated, and stay tuned to fridays with oscar.

1. Nancy Bailey wrote:

Pretty outfit and so affordable.

2. Melissa Lysk wrote:

This is a beautiful wrap dress! Beth, your hair is amazing!

3. Roxie wrote:

I love leopard & believe it to be a perfect neutral that spans the seasons.

I also appreciate how much I believe our style sense matches! I think of it as traditional w/ a twist:). Keep up the great work!

4. Lisa Cotton wrote:

I love both of these looks! Regarding the peep toe pumps, I have several pair and wear them often. BTW…you have GREAT legs!! I’m envious!

5. Jane wrote:

Love Fridays with Oscar. He’s a beautiful guy.

6. Peggy McCloskey wrote:

Very flattering on you. I hope you keep the dress.

7. Suzanne Smith wrote:

Nice easy sophisticated look. A black blazer goes from casual to chic in a second, depending on what you pair it with. Your hair is great short like this. Seems like I finally got all my warm weather clothes in line and it’s time to switch out the colder weather things. I can ease into them, though, as it will still be warm here for a while.

8. Judy Whitmore wrote:

You always look amazing and this is no exception! How you have managed to carry on so well after such a sad year. You ave such
    courage.

9. Susan wrote:

So easy to pull together and versatile.

10. Hi Beth,
    I really enjoy your blogs. I am a 72 year old grandma who wears a size 2x-3x. I can see that you are far from being a plus size. Would it be possible for you to occasionally indicate where we could buy some similar outfits in plus sizes? I don’t know if you have had this request before, so, I am making it for all us plus size gals who like to dress fabulously, but, not gaudily!
    Thanks

11. Jo Hall wrote:

I want to know about your sunglasses! I love them! ❤️

• jackie wrote:

Fabulous aren’t they. Our Beth is one very stylish lady.

Posted 8.23.19 Reply
  12. Pam wrote:

Beth, thank you for the inspiration! I purchased this dress in the print and navy. Such a lovely, flattering dress. Sometimes I am a bit uncomfortable in a wrap because they can be difficult to keep together. This one is perfect and the price is great.

13. Connie wrote:

Love the outfit. I have a leopard dress, but had light weight black jacket on my fall list. I ordered this one…what a fabulous bargain!

14. Carol wrote:

Loved this outfit! Unfortunately none of it was available in plus sizes. Please don’t forget us “larger ladies”.

15. Gwen Ewing wrote:

As always, I love this ootd! I am an animal print fan, it always draws my attention! You make it look so classic, I like the blazer with it! I have those peep toe shoes, glad I didn’t send them packing! All the best, Beth!

16. Mary C wrote:

Super cute and so versatile!!

17. jackie wrote:

Great look. I was checking their site today and could not ascertain if they ship to Australia. Might I be so bold to ask you if you know if they ship overseas.

Posted 8.23.19 Reply
  18. MissMo wrote:

Keep curating with JCPenney b/c when I shop online I can’t find anything cute. Your advice and examples help.

Posted 9.5.19 Reply
  19. Judy wrote:

Love your hair Beth. Also lovely to see your occasional comment includes Mr Style. Hugs to you.

Posted 9.8.19 Reply