healthy eating is important when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. since joining FASTer Way to Fast Loss it’s no secret that i’m a big proponent for healthy eating. healthy body healthy mind right? a health and wellness check-in is of utmost importance to me. nothing makes me happier than sharing what i’ve learned since my fitness journey started in january 2018. and what a journey i embarked upon! i was astonished to learn that much of the nutritional data we were raised on is now outdated. like snacking all day long and eating mini-meals. or exercising more eating less. for years, i believed exercise was the key, and limiting calories was the answer. wrong! you can never out-exercise a poor diet. never. healthy eating is key.
there is no question that there are escalating rates of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. many of which are preventable with healthy eating. the choices we make with nutrition profoundly impact our health. calories in calories out are just not effective. it’s our lifestyle choices that impact healthy aging and weight gain. i do not support the limiting belief that we have to accept weight gain is a normal function of aging. yes, the statistics are startling. 2/3 of women 40 – 59 are overweight. and more than 1/2 are obese. while there is no quick fix when it comes to losing weight, there are strategies we can adopt. the inherent power of food and nutrition can be our greatest asset to our health and wellness journey. i’ve learned so much about nutrition (and continue to learn) with the help of opens in a new windowFASTer Way to Fat Loss which is why i’m committed to sharing this program with you.
since healthy eating is important to me i’m committed to sharing healthy recipes with y’all ! what do i eat on a typical day? well, i break my fast about 12pm each day so it’s a toss-up if i eat breakfast or go with lunch. eggs are good any time of day so they’re definitely a go-to of mine.
- 1 cup Kale
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Sweet potato
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring the chicken broth to a simmer over medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes and season with salt, pepper and the nutmeg. Cover and cook until just soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the kale, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes;
- Rinse and dry the skillet, then spray non-stick cooking spray, and put on medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook until the whites are opaque and yolks have set.
- Eggs are rich in protein and contain significant levels of vitamin A, B-complex vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin K, as well as phosphorus, selenium, calcium, and zinc.
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 1 ounces ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 tbsp diced onions
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef in a pan with chopped onions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken broth, rice, and seasoning. Mix well and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook, undisturbed, for about 20 minutes, or until rice has absorbed liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cut tops off of peppers and remove the insides.
- Stuff with rice mixture and bake on a baking pan for about 45 minutes. Add a little water to the pan to keep the peppers from shriveling up.
- Want to get the most nutrients out of your bell peppers, compared to other colors, red bell peppers are your best option!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 6 ounce salmon
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the salmon fillets and pat them dry very well.
- In a small bowl, combine the quinoa, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pile it on top of the salmon fillets. It should stick very easily on the surface. Spritz the quinoa with cooking spray before sliding it into the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Check the salmon for flakiness to determine if its done. Let cool.
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Steam cauliflower until well done, should break apart easily.
- Place in blender, and blend until smooth
- Not mixing? Add a touch of cream, water, or non dairy milk to help consistency.
- Cauliflower mash is a great alternative for mashed potatoes. More fiber, less carbohydrates, equally delicious.
if you are interested in signing up for opens in a new windowFaster Way to Fat Loss the next round starts July 8th. here are three reasons i love this program besides the fact i feel great and have more energy:
ONE – every detail is planned out for you. the online workouts have exact directions and links to watch the moves. but if you love working out at The Barre, or have another workout routine, or you’re used to Spin Class no problem. there are options, ladies, options. my workout routine consists of two sessions per week on my Peloton, two Pilates Reformer session, and one aerobic weight training class with Amanda (the mastermind behind FWTFL). the great thing about opens in a new windowFaster Way to Fat Loss is you can make it work with your lifestyle!
TWO – this is a lifestyle, not a diet. we use My Fitness Pal app to track calories and macros, but the mentality is progress, not perfection. the goal is to eat dairy free, grain free and gluten free as much as possible but again, there’s flexibility. do i have a cocktail or glass of wine on occasion? absolutely! are there sweets and treats on special occasions? yes. as i mentioned, opens in a new windowFaster Way to Loss is a lifestyle change, not a diet. it gives me the tools and resources to stay or get back on track. this program teaches how to cut fat and gain lean muscle while living life to its fullest.
THREE – it is a proven system that helps women and men (yes, there is a opens in a new windowprogram for men) lose fat. and there’s no age limit! actually, you’ve heard me talk about the importance of exercise as we age. my goal is to live the best life possible regardless of age. and exercise is key.
BIG news! If you’ve been on the fence about registering for the next round of the opens in a new windowFASTer Way to Fat Loss starting July 8, NOW is the time to join the movement.
Register for our opens in a new windowJuly 8 round and you’ll receive an exclusive FASTer Way gift from program creator Amanda Tress for FREE!
The FASTer Way gift bundle includes:
This is in addition to the NEW digital Meal Plan and Cookbook we are releasing in July!
Trust us, you DON’T want to miss this opportunity to join the fastest growing online nutrition and fitness program on the market!
But hurry… registration is CLOSING soon and this offer is only available for a limited time. opens in a new windowSnag your spot before we’re full!
happy sunday, ladies! i hope everyone enjoyed the long holiday weekend. if you would like to read more about my fitness journey here are a few more posts: