today’s post is a departure from my usual ootd (outfit of the day). although i am wearing a fab exercise ensemble from opens in a new windowathleta that is chic, comfortable, and functional to wear. opens in a new windowstripe leggings y’all! and i think i could live in this opens in a new windowgrey cozy karma sweater for the foreseeable future. but back to the subject at hand. if you follow me on Instagram and watched a recent Instastory you know that this year is all about my opens in a new windowfitness journey. yes, i turn sixty in august and i know this will be an amazing decade. i don’t know about you, but i’m just getting started! but i also know that my quality of life is not only a gift but is contingent on a healthy lifestyle; regular exercise and nutrition. and this is the part of my life that needs to be tweaked – eating healthy foods. the past two years have been crazy, busy, fun, and demanding. by the time dinner rolled around mr. style and i would look at each other and ask “what’s for dinner?” believe me that is the last question to ask when you’re hungry because inevitably you will stuff anything into your mouth – good or bad. okay, mostly bad. can anyone relate? it was time to stop and regain control of my life.
while doing a little research on the subject of fitness and nutrition i discovered opens in a new windowAmanda’s Faster Way to Fat Loss and was intrigued. this is a program that changes women’s lives by incorporating great workouts with intermittent fasting and carb cycling. you can read more about her program opens in a new window here.
well, i’m game for just about anything so when i saw that Amanda offered a convenient opens in a new windowsix-week program that would jump-start my fitness journey i signed up. after two weeks on opens in a new windowAmanda’s program, i’ve seen results. not only do i feel better than i have in several years, but i have more energy, and my body is slowly changing. what i love best about this program is that it educates me on the proper way to fuel my body. when to load up on carbs and when to scale back. yes, i’m finally learning how to nourish my body properly. i guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. that is if you’re game.
this opens in a new windowprogram is also about progress, not perfection. and it’s flexible. it doesn’t matter if you’re a travel bug, have a demanding job, work the night shift, have an injury (like my knee injury from college), have no cooking skills, or no gym membership. don’t even think about claiming you’re too old. the most important thing we can do as we age is to take care of our bodies. the amount of muscle mass we lose each year is astonishing. if we don’t use them, we will lose them. but the great thing about opens in a new windowFASTer Way To Fat Loss is you can make it work with your lifestyle! and there’s an amazing online community with like-minded women cheering you every step of the way. our coaches are educational and motivating and answer any and all questions.
i’m guessing right about now you might have some questions about opens in a new windowFASTer Way to Fat Loss. here goes:
- Do you need to belong to a gym? NO. There are workouts for home, gym, and beginners.
- Do you fast every day? YES. We intermittent fast meaning we consume all of our calories within an 8 hr period. Typically from noon to 8pm.
- Can you drink coffee while fasted? YES. Black coffee, teas, water can all be consumed while FASTING.
- How many days a week do you workout? FIVE. But I do want to work up to six.The workouts are a mixture of weight training, HIIT, Sprints, and Low Intensity. They range from 30-60 mins. Yes, I still go to Orange Theory twice a week but the remaining three workouts are at home in a new space we created in our basement.
- Is there a meal plan? Not per se. There are example meal plans and a cookbook available for purchase, but you’re able to eat the foods you like as long as they fit within your macros.
- How do you calculate your macros (combo of Protein, Carbs, Fats)? We utilize the My Fitness Pal App; it’s more or less our bible while boot camping. This is a life changing app for me as it maps everything out!
- Do you eat Carbs? Yes.We have two low carb days, but other than that good carbs are allowed; not junk!
- Can you drink on the FWTFL? In moderation of course. Leg day is the best day to splurge, but as long as it fits within your macros, you can allow for a glass of wine now and again! I had one last Friday night.
- Can you opens in a new windowboot camp if you haven’t worked out in ages? Or have an injury (bad knee, etc.)? Amanda takes this into consideration and provide modifications–there’s also a beginner workout available.
okay, now that some of your questions have been answered let’s take a peek at the new home gym that i painted razzle dazzle pink!
currently, i work with weights that range from three to ten pounds. plus, a twenty-pound kettle ball. eventually, i will add twelve, fifteen and maybe twenty-pound weights into the rotation. one of my kiddos put together a weight bench for me. this makes it easy for me to zip through my pec flies. oscar is sharing his treadmill with me so i can fit in cardio at home. (don’t all dogs workout on a treadmill?).
here are a few photos from the past two weeks that chronicle my progress, starting with prep week.
okay, i guess you would say i’m hooked on Amanda’s program. which is why i am sharing it with you today. many of you have asked how i’m tweaking my fitness routine because you noticed a change. well, if you are interested you can change your lifestyle too.
The next round of opens in a new windowFASTer Way to Fat Loss starts on February 5!
A convenient 6-week program that fits your busy schedule.
- A comprehensive program guide with resources to help you thrive including sample meal plans, a detailed program overview, and video interviews.
- Prep week with training to set you up for success.
- Weekly workout plans which can be completed at the gym or at home.
- Accountability and a supportive approach that keeps you on track to accomplish your goals.
- Affordable package option that is among the lowest cost option you’ll find (only $199 total).
- The focus, quality, intensity, and commitment you’d expect from me, a trainer with 10+ years of success.