peasant blouse, striped jeans and pattern mixing

peasant blouse striped jeans

peasant blouse striped jeans

if it’s summer, then it’s time to have some fun. not only fun in the sun but fun with our clothes. this time of year, i aim to stay cool and chic. since i’ve been a big fan of peasant blouses for years, it was time to incorporate one into my ootd. to me, a peasant blouse has a breezy silhouette that conjures all things summer. am i right?!

these Ralph Lauren striped jeans have hung in my closet since the beginning of the year. of course, a white tee or blouse would be the safe bet with these jeans. but i decided a little pattern mixing was in order to spice things up. especially after i stumbled upon this gorgeous peasant blouse from Anthropologie. not only is the color scheme happy and bright but this blouse is lightweight cotton making it the perfect choice all summer long.

peasant blouse striped jeans

similar striped jeans | blouse | earrings | sandals | straw tote | lip shade exotica

peasant blouse striped jeans

from the red and white tassels to the rick rack trim the details are what set this top apart from the rest. what i love the most is the light and airy fabric.

peasant blouse striped jeans

peasant blouse striped jeans

aren’t these jazzy sandals from Nordstrom adorable? these Donald Pliner sandals come in blue, yellow, and black. it was a hard choice, but i ended up with blue although yellow made a good run for the money.

peasant blouse striped jeans

who can resist a little bling?

peasant blouse striped jeans

peasant blouse striped jeans

a cute straw tote is a must with this outfit. but the raffia earrings compliment the color scheme and breezy summer silhouette.

peasant blouse striped jeans

peasant blouse striped jeans

it’s wednesday, gang! how did that happen? but we’re halfway through the week. it’s time to put a smile on someone’s face, including your own.

have you missed a recent post?

key summer accessories with Nordstrom

how to wear a Lacoste polo

my favorite J.Crew summer tops

Lea
    June 19, 2019 at 10:32 am

That outfit is lovely, head to toe!

Beth Djalali
      June 19, 2019 at 10:58 am

i just love this peasant blouse! and mr. style gave the entire outfit a thumbs up.

Jeanette Hayes
    June 19, 2019 at 10:44 am

Is the peasant blouse true-to-size?

Beth Djalali
      June 19, 2019 at 10:57 am

i think i could have sized down to a small. but it’s a billowy style blouse so i didn’t mind the medium. if i moved the button on the cuff the sleeve would have a snugger fit. but honestly, that’s the only thing i would change.

Judy Yung
    June 19, 2019 at 10:47 am

I love how you reuse clothes and accessories to make new outfits, but golly, your closet must be huge.

Beth Djalali
      June 19, 2019 at 10:53 am

i do have a large closet. but i also believe in donating my clothes to women who are in need. it’s a win/win for this style blogger.

Pam
    June 19, 2019 at 10:57 am

You’ve nailed how to mix prints–the key is having that dominant coordinating color, such as the blue here. Well done.

Georganne
    June 19, 2019 at 11:28 am

I am a big fan of mixing patterns. You look great and I love the summery look!

June 19, 2019 at 11:45 am

Great color! Anthropolgie always has interesting pieces. I have a beautiful light kimono from there a number of years ago I still get compliments on.

Patti
    June 19, 2019 at 2:35 pm

If you love peasant blouses, check out Loveshackfancy. Peasant blouses to die for.

Julie Mycock
    June 19, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Hi Beth, Wow how really colourful your outfit is, looks great. I agree with Pam you really know how to mix prints well, I don’t think I could pull it off, well done xoxo

Susan
    June 19, 2019 at 5:29 pm

Beth, you nailed this look! The patterns play perfect together! I love the
    RL striped jeans! The DP sandels are gorgeous!

Cheryl Rabovsky
    June 19, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Love it!! You look great!

Jane C Velker
    June 19, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Hi, Beth,
    I like your outfit very much! Now, for a (possibly) inappropriate question. How sheer is the blouse? Do you wear an undershirt/camisole/tank top beneath? It is very hot and humid here in the summer (eastern coast mid-Atlantic), and I really try to keep the layers to a minimum. Although in my heart I understand that I am still 19; really, I’m not. I continue to struggle w/ what to wear beneath in the summer.

Beth Djalali
      June 21, 2019 at 7:51 am

the blouse is quite light and airy but since there’s so much going on with the patterns you can’t see through it. so i’ts not necessary to wear a cami underneath.

Laura Tiegs
    June 19, 2019 at 11:29 pm

You inspire me daily with your outfits! Your email is always the first I open because I want to start my day with a positive note. I enjoy and appreciate your sharing.

Beth Djalali
      June 21, 2019 at 7:50 am

thank you so much, laura, for your kind words. nothing makes me happier than to hear a reader in finding inspiration.

karen
    June 20, 2019 at 6:18 am

not usually a fan of pattern mixing, but this, this is perfect…i think of all the outfits i’ve seen you post, this is just might be my favorite

Beth Djalali
      June 21, 2019 at 7:49 am

even mr. style loved this outfit and he’s a conservative dresser through and though.

Frances Santoro
    June 20, 2019 at 4:56 pm

Beth, there may be a post that I am unaware of, but in case there is not such a discussion, would you please comment on how mature women should carry out the half tuck look correctly? Thanks!

Beth Djalali
      June 21, 2019 at 7:49 am

hi frances! there’s no right or wrong way to wear a half-tuck. i typically tuck half the blouse but you could tuck the entire front section if that looks better to your eye.

Linda Maier
    June 20, 2019 at 5:21 pm

these jeans are not flared at the bottom like they show at the anthropology store!! I want the straight leg ones

Beth Djalali
      June 21, 2019 at 7:42 am

hi linda. whenever i mention an item is old or if you see a similar item linked that is because the original clothing item is no longer for sale. many of the clothes i wear on the blog are new. but just as many are older items. the jeans from anthropologie are similar to the ralph lauren jeans i’m wearing as i try to source items that are similar.

Linda Maier
    June 20, 2019 at 5:23 pm

Every time I want the same pant at J Crew or Anne Taylor they are already sold out of the item.

Beth Djalali
      June 21, 2019 at 7:44 am

it does happen that items sell out the same day they’re worn on the blog. unfortunately, i have no control over a brand’s inventory.

R Dawson
    June 23, 2019 at 7:17 pm

I’m in love with this mix. Said it before and again, you are the best at pattern mixing