anyone else ready for friday?! yes, it’s been a long week. but the weekend is in sight. and my best buddy is ready to get friday underway. kind of. it seems everyone in the djalali house is a bit sluggish today.
but the show must go on. and i have an adorable gingham jean jacket from Talbots that i’ve been dying to wear. with chilly temps on deck, it’s the perfect third layer. and it’s gingham! ’nuff said. there’s a little pattern mixing going on with gingham and stripes. it’s a soft and subtle contrast especially since my chambray skirt (old, similar here and here) anchors the outfit. a pair of platform blue espadrilles from Circus by Sam Edelman are the perfect spring shoe choice. along with my snazzy new wicker handbag.
i have a feeling this gingham jacket will work overtime. the temps have been all over the place this week. spring is such a fickle season!
if there’s one kitchen gadget, i reach for time, and again it’s the Instant Pot. especially when mr. style has a hankering for goulash. most recipes take hours to make. so if you’re pressed for time like me, this little beauty makes life so much easier. dinner was ready in thirty minutes. i kid you not!
all the ingredients for an Instant Pot pasta dish.
tomato paste in a tube is handier than from the can. most recipes call for just a tablespoon or two. before i discovered the tube, i would scoop the remaining paste from the can and transport to a baggy. not exactly ideal. with tomato paste in a tube, you don’t have that problem. tomato sauce in a box is just as handy.
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon Avocado oil
- 1/2 pound of Mild Italian bulk sausage
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peppers, chopped
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta, I used Farfalle
- 1 8 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Saute ground beef and Italian sausage in Instant Pot on the saute setting until brown. Drain fat.
- Add the garlic and roasted peppers. Saute for five minutes or until ingredients are blended.
- Add the pasta and the remaining ingredients except the Mozzarella cheese. Close the lid. Select the pressure cook button for 20 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is finished release the steam. Remove lid and hit cancel to turn off.
- Transfer pasta to serving dish. Add mozzarella cheese and serve.
red wine and pasta. does it get any better? add a salad, and this meal is good to go.
oscar is gearing up for his weekly gig.
hmmm? will treats help his attitude?
as you can see the gangs all here! even ollie. but we still haven’t hit our stride.
at least one of us is looking at the camera.
cheers to the weekend, gang! all i know is that i’m happy to have this week in the books. it’s friday! and i’ll drink to that. oscar, ollie, and i wish each of you a lovely weekend.